2 c. macaroni
1/3 c. magic mix
1/2 c. water
1 c. yellow squash puree*
1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, grated
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. paprika
- Boil macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine magic mix and water in saucepan. Whisk rapidly over medium heat until it starts to bubble and thicken. (If you don't keep whisking, your flour will start to cook and you'll get chunks.)
- Add squash puree, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and seasonings.
- Stir until the sauce is smooth and cheeses are melted.
- Stir in macaroni and serve warm. (You could also stir in diced tomatoes.)
*Yellow squash is, as my aunt calls, yellow zucchini. To puree it, cook it by either steaming it (healthier) or boiling it. When it's tender, stick it in a blender and puree it.
In other funtimes, if you serve with beets, you can write your name on your plate with the corner of it.
Recipe from Everyday Food Storage.