1.5 c. flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1 egg (or 2 T. powdered egg + 1/4 c. water)
1 c. mashed bananas (3 medium)
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. cooking oil (or 1/4 c. pureed navy beans)
1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel (optional)
1/2 c. chopped walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. (If using powdered egg, add here.)
3. Make a well in the center. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine the egg, bananas, sugar, oil, and lemon peel. (If using powdered egg, add water here.)
5. Add egg mixture to dry mixture.
6. Stir until just moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
7. Fold in nuts or chocolate chips.
8. Spoon into prepared pan.
9. Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
11. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. (But I never do.)