10 slices thick-cut bread
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the thick bread slices into thirds.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, beat well to combine.
- Dip bread sticks into the egg mixture one at a time, and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350º oven for about 30 minutes.
- Flip the sticks over halfway through baking time to crisp both sides.
- To freeze, allow to cool completely before wrapping well in a freezer bag.
- To serve: pop in a 350 oven for about 8 minutes to refresh. Alternatively, they can be reheated in a microwave for a minute or two, but they will lose their crispness.